Fostering is an integral part of our organization as it allows us to place abandoned, orphaned, or surrendered dogs and cats into loving homes while they wait for a permanent adoptive family. PAWS provides the foster person with all things needed to care for the animal. The more foster homes we have, the more animals we are able to save!
PAWS commits to providing all foster animals with:
Complete and necessary veterinary care upon intake and for their tenure in our care including, but not limited to;
- all vaccinations
- heartworm testing and treatment (if necessary)
- treating any and all identified illnesses (at time of intake until adoption)
PAWS Foster People will be provided with:
- heartworm prevention medications
- flea prevention medications
- pet food
- other needs, such as crates, toys, treats, leashes, etc
Foster People need to be able to:
- tend to the basic needs of the dog/cat
- provide a safe and loving environment
- ensure the dog/cat receives the provided preventatives, medications, food, and other necessary supplies
If you would like to be a foster person for a needy dog or cat please complete and submit an application HERE.